Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Upper Crust Bakery

4508 Burnet Road
Austin, Texas 78756

I must mention this great locally owned bakery. It was voted best full service bakery in Austin by the Chronicle's Readers Poll. And they do have some wonderful desserts, pastries, and breads, but they also make great food like sandwiches, spring rolls and soups. They have some of the best gazpacho in town. My husband is very picky about his soups and he really likes their tortilla soup. I have never been in the Upper Crust when it wasn't full of people. So, if you get the chance to check it out, you really ought to stop in and try something. Warning: they have a very busy morning crowd for the coffee and pastries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites