Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Austin Business Journal: JCPenney closing Highland Mall store - 2006-03-13

Ah Ha..so it is true...JC Penney is closing at Highland Mall! I love this comment by the JC Penney rep about closing this store:


"Closing our store at Highland Mall was not an easy decision," says Brenda Romero, a spokeswoman for JCPenney.

She says the company's goal was to "open stores in areas where we are currently under represented," adding the new stores "provide us with a stronger and more convenient presence for our shoppers."

Under representation? The area around Highland Mall is so much more under represented by big name retailers than the new proposed sites it's not even funny. The real reason they are closing is because the area around Highland Mall is in economic decline. Why don't they just tell the truth?

Austin Business Journal: JCPenney closing Highland Mall store - 2006-03-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites