Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I Am Allergic to the World


Oh My Gosh!! I am suffering badly from allergies today! Sneezing. Itchy, watery eyes. Stuffy nose. I feel like an allergy medication commercial! I had been feeling a bit "allergic" for the past month, but today is especially bad. I wonder if traveling has anything to do with it? I was in Dallas all week, until last night (which by the way is a whole 'nother story I might relate later) and this morning, back in Austin, is when things got really bad. Or is it my house? I do have two large dogs, one of which likes to curl up above my head at night. I don't know how he manages to fit up there since he's so big, but he does and then I end up breathing in pollen covered dog fur all night long. It's bad enough that I have with fur on everything I own, but I also travel with fur. It's on my suitcase, in my car, even on my chair at work, where my dog has NEVER been. And now it's all over my pillow. I know I should make him sleep somewhere else, but it's like the old joke, "Where does a 500 pound gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants." That's my dog. Just try to move him. He will growl at you. And besides that, he is really sneaky for a big dog. He can manage to move his way up there without me even knowing. I just wake up in the morning and there is this dog breathing down on the top of my head.
So back to the allergy thing. According to the Weather Underground, it's the grass and oak pollen that is out right now, but it's in the high end of the low range, so it really isn't that active. Hmmm. That leads us back to the dog and his fur. I love my dog and my dog loves me. But will my dog still love me if I shave him? I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites