Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blogging Tribute

I haven't even looked at this blog in a while. There are a lot of reasons why...none of them that important. I guess the reason I am writing here now is because of Jeff Wilson. Someone I never met, but knew through friends. He was a dedicated blogger. Most of the people who knew Jeff, had kept up with information on his condition through the blog of a friend of his. So there's a lot of blog issues going on here right? And then I was talking to a friend at work who knew Jeff, had read his blog and who told me that he was gonna start his own blog because of Jeff. He had read through Jeff's entries and knew that it was important, I guess, for the people who knew him to have a chance to relive some memories of Jeff, in Jeff's own words. What an incredible opportunity! So, I began experiencing blog guilt. What kind of blog is this if it's not about me, my life, what's going on in my head? I mean if the same thing happened to me (I know that's a horrible thought! but what if??) what would anyone who knew me get out of my blog about me? Not too much. So I am gonna start a new blog which I will link to this one...It's gonna be about me. Not a bunch of newsy garbage that anyone could read anywhere on the internet or in the paper.

Wish me luck...I don't know how good I will be at this, but I am gonna give it a try..because...I guess, because of Jeff.

To all those who knew and loved Jeff, I am so sorry. I just hope there comes a time when your hearts don't ache so much and your thoughts can find some kind of peace. Until then, you know there are a lot of people trying to carry as much of the load for you as they can, until you're all ready to do it yourselves.

Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.
A. Sachs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites