Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Interesting Events in Austin this Month

Thutsday April 19
The Harry Ransom Center
21st St. And Guadalupe
Austin, TX 78713

The earliest known permanent photograph taken by Joseph Nicephore Niepce in 1826 of the view from his window wil be on display. This is part of their Focus on Photography program series. The HRC is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. You can go to their 50th anniversary website to view an interactive timeline of the Center's history, photo galleries, and more.





Beto and the Fairlanes
Friday April 20
9:30pm

Elephant Room
315 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701



One of my all time favorite Austin bands is playing at the Elephant room this Friday! They have a unique sound that is purely Texas. It's a can't miss opportunity!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites