Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Sunday, April 08, 2007

A Few Good Quotes

I like quotations. A really good quote can summarize in just a few words what I want to say but can't, even in an entire page of wrting. Here are a few good quotes of friendship...I will remember later why I chose them.

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
--George Washington, First president of US (1732 - 1799)


Go through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport. The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people; they're just acquaintances.
--Jay Leno, US comedian & television host (1950 - )


Reveal not every secret you have to a friend, for how can you tell but that friend may hereafter become an enemy. And bring not all mischief you are able to upon an enemy, for he may one day become your friend.
Saadi
Persian poet (1184 - 1291)


It's a lot like nature. You only have as many animals as the ecosystem can support and you only have as many friends as you can tolerate the bitching of.
--Randy K. Milholland, Something Positive Comic, 08-16-05


I always like to know everything about my new friends, and nothing about my old ones.
--Oscar Wilde
Irish dramatist, novelist, & poet (1854 - 1900)


My mother used to say that there are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet. She's now in a maximum security twilight home in Australia.
--Dame Edna Everage, Australian Comedian (character of Barry Humphries) (1934 - )


I will probably remember that some of these quotes mean something to me, some of them remind me of friends and some of them remind me of me....LOL! The trick is to remember which is which.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites