Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

This Week: San Angelo

Yes, here I am in San Angelo, Texas. There's nothing wrong with the city, as far as I can tell. It has a really nice river (the Concho River) that runs through town. They have a park area around it that is very pretty, especially right now since they have had lots of rain. On a previous trip I stayed at a hotel near the river and took a stroll down the walking trail. It was lovely until some "Attack Geese" came after us and chased us back up the trail!

The drive here from Austin was gorgeous! The wildflowers are everywhere, red, yellow and even some blue bonnets. The hills and fields are really green right now since they have had so much rain lately which makes the drive even prettier. It does take about 4 hours to get here (45 minutes of that time is to get out of Austin) so it is kind of a long haul.

Unfortunately my summer cold is still wrecking havoc with me, so I didn't get out much except to work and to go to the local Albertson's for provisions. I have been here before though and there is a great steak house on the edge of town call Twin Mountains which is a good choice for dinner.
As well as the cafe and saloon, Miss Hattie's has a museum of the bordello. Sounds very interesting! Miss Hattie's They also have a small cafe call Miss Hattie's which used to be a bordello. Apparently it was in operation until the Texas Rangers shut it down in 1946. I haven't been to it yet, but my friends say it is well worth it. Chances are I will be back here again soon, so I will get to try it out.

The Hampton Inn here is nice and clean and the beds are very comfy. It's easy to get to from the highway as well. I highly recommend it. I do have one comment about Hampton Inns, they give you little styrofoam cups to drink your coffee out of in your room. YUCK! Need to upgrade to real mugs Mr. Hilton! Haven't you heard styrofoam is bad for the environment??

Next Week: Amarillo! Woo Hoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites