Life is a Bumpy Road

Austin, Texas. Travel in Texas. Life in General. "Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - - -Dylan Thomas

My Photo
Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

I am an esteemed alumni of Austin College in Sherman Texas (Class of "none of your business"). I graduated with a BA in Liberal Arts as a History Major. Subsequently, I have worked in the human services field since graduation because there aren't too many jobs out there for history majors. Except for my short incarceration in Sherman, I have always lived in Austin, Texas. That's not totally true, I was born in England and lived there approximately 18 months, but for some strange reason I don't remember living there. I travel through out Texas for my job, every week. So beware Texans, I might be coming to a town near you!! I am happily married to a wonderful guy and have 0 (zero, zilch) children. (We just forgot to have them?) I find life amusing now (I used to find it extremely depressing but that's another story). So here's to Life, which after all can be a very bumpy road!

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." -Albert Einstein

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Friend Has Been Missing A Long Time Now




I knew her as Sarah when we worked together years ago. She was a very kind person and I liked her very much. I also knew her husband and they seemed to make a terrific couple. I remember that not long before she went missing I had the chance to go visit her, but I turned it down. I was too tired. I will always regret that decision. I never got to see her one last time. After she was reported missing, all our friends went out to scour the country side near where her car was seen on Bee Cave Road. But they found nothing. Eventually we had a memorial service on Mount Bonnell for her, but I didn't feel like there was any closure. We don't really know what happened to her. We all had our theories, but none of them panned out. I only hope that some day the mystery will be solved so that we can have some closure. All of us, especially her husband.

Her is the report on her:

The Doe Network:
Case File 1114DFTX


Sharon Zelinski McCully
Missing since December 11, 1984 from Austin, Travis County, Texas.
Classification: Involuntary


Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 1, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. She wears contact lenses.
Tattoos: Tattoo of a yellow and red rose on her abdomen.
Dentals: Available
Clothing: Dark blue slacks with white pin stripes, an unknown color of blouse, and white tennis shoes with red stripes.
AKA: Sarah

Circumstances of Disappearance
McCully was last seen at Howard Lane and Interstate 35. She was on a Christmas shopping trip, and had just left her husband after a lunch date. Her Volkswagen was seen on Bee Cave Road that day, and in the area where Barton Creek Square is now located. It was found at an apartment complex on Research Boulevard. She was a nurse with hopes of going to medical school.
A resident told police she saw a woman fitting McCully's description getting out of the car with a man, but the tip didn't develop. Fingerprints were found on her car but there hasn't been enough physical evidence to link anyone ot the crime.


Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Austin Police Department
Cold Case Unit
512-974-5281
Or
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
512-424-5074

NCIC Number: M-141052381
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
KVUE


Return to the Unexplained Disappearances' Index

1 Comments:

Blogger AustiNative said...

Hello.

If you tried to contact me over a year ago about Sarah. Please send me an email address to reach you.

3:11 PM, January 06, 2016  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
web site visitor counter
DVD Rental Sites